Saturday, October 31, 2020

What is Man's DESTINY?

 

Do you know where you're headed?

Does life make sense?

What are you on earth for?

What will the future bring?

Find all the answers from SCRIPTURE.

From the OLD TESTAMENT, through GOD:

Before the fall from grace.

27 So God created man in his own image, 

in the image of God created he him; 

male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, 

and God said unto them, 

Be fruitful, 

and multiply, 

and replenish the earth, 

and subdue it: 

and have dominion over the fish of the sea, 

and over the fowl of the air, 

and over every living thing that moveth 

upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27-28 

King James Version


After the fall from grace (unto dust we return).

16 Unto the woman he said, 

I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; 

in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; 

and thy desire shall be to thy husband, 

and he shall rule over thee.

17 And unto Adam he said, 

Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, 

and hast eaten of the tree, 

of which I commanded thee, 

saying, 

Thou shalt not eat of it: 

cursed is the ground for thy sake; 

in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; 

and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, 

till thou return unto the ground; 

for out of it wast thou taken: 

for dust thou art, 

and unto dust shalt thou return.

Genesis 3:16-19 

King James Version


God's WILL stands.

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, 

and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, 

saying, 

My counsel shall stand, 

and I will do all my pleasure:

Isaiah 46:10 

King James Version 


GOD is in control of EVERYTHING.

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: 

it shall not return unto me void, 

but it shall accomplish that which I please, 

and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 55:11 

King James Version


God ordained us for His PURPOSE (as in prophet Jeremiah).

4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, 

saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly 

I knew thee; 

and before thou camest forth out of the womb 

I sanctified thee, 

and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jeremiah 1:4-5 

King James Version


How GOD carved the destiny of prophet Jeremiah.

6 Then said I, 

Ah, Lord God! 

behold, I cannot speak: 

for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, 

Say not, I am a child: 

for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, 

and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

8 Be not afraid of their faces: 

for I am with thee to deliver thee, 

saith the Lord.

9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, 

and touched my mouth. 

And the Lord said unto me, 

Behold, 

I have put my words in thy mouth.

10 See, 

I have this day set thee over the nations 

and over the kingdoms, 

to root out, 

and to pull down, 

and to destroy, 

and to throw down, 

to build, 

and to plant.

Jeremiah 1:6-10 

King James Version


God is the author of FREEDOM and captivity, lest any man think he is above God.

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, 

saith the Lord, 

thoughts of peace, 

and not of evil, 

to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, 

and ye shall go 

and pray unto me, 

and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, 

and find me, 

when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, 

saith the Lord: 

and I will turn away your captivity, 

and I will gather you from all the nations, 

and from all the places whither I have driven you, 

saith the Lord; 

and I will bring you again into the place 

whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 

King James Version


Only GOD sets the appointed time for everything.

2 And the Lord answered me, 

and said, 

Write the vision, 

and make it plain upon tables, 

that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, 

but at the end it shall speak, 

and not lie: 

though it tarry, 

wait for it; 

because it will surely come, 

it will not tarry.

Habakkuk 2:2-3 

King James Version


The iniquity of the fathers is visited upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

6 I am the Lord thy God, 

which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, 

from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, 

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, 

or that is in the earth beneath, 

or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, 

nor serve them: 

for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, 

visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children 

unto the third and fourth generation of them 

that hate me,

Deuteronomy 5:6-9 

King James Version)


Every path is directed by the LORD.

24 Man's goings are of the Lord; 

how can a man then understand his own way?

Proverbs 20:24 

King James Version


The upright man's end is PEACE.

37 Mark the perfect man, 

and behold the upright: 

for the end of that man is peace.

Psalm 37:37 

King James Version



From the NEW TESTAMENT, through JESUS:

JESUS chose and ordained us, in God's SERVICE.

16 Ye have not chosen me, 

but I have chosen you, 

and ordained you, 

that ye should go and bring forth fruit, 

and that your fruit should remain: 

that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, 

he may give it you.

John 15:16 

King James Version


JESUS speaks of God's WILL; our destinies hinge upon that Will and our obedience to the LORD Jesus.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, 

that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, 

but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:39 

King James Version


True believers of JESUS are given eternal life.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; 

and they shall never perish, 

neither shall any man pluck them 

out of my hand.

John 10:28 

King James Version


We are to have tribulation.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, 

that in me ye might have peace. 

In the world ye shall have tribulation: 

but be of good cheer; 

I have overcome the world.

John 16:33 

King James Version


All the world wait for the LORD's Return, as prophesied in the Book of REVELATION; everything has been prophesied.

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, 

which God gave unto him, 

to shew unto his servants things 

which must shortly come to pass; 

and he sent and signified it by his angel 

unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, 

and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, 

and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, 

and they that hear the words of this prophecy, 

and keep those things which are written therein: 

for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:1-3 

King James Version



Through the Apostles in the NEW TESTAMENT, from JESUS:

God prepares something for "them that love him".

7 But we speak the wisdom of God 

in a mystery, 

even the hidden wisdom, 

which God ordained before the world 

unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: 

for had they known it, 

they would not have crucified 

the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, 

Eye hath not seen, 

nor ear heard, 

neither have entered into the heart of man, 

the things which God hath prepared for them 

that love him.

1 Corinthians 2:7-9 

King James Version


We are "predestinated" to be conformed to the image of JESUS.

28 And we know that all things work together for good 

to them that love God, 

to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, 

he also did predestinate to be conformed 

to the image of his Son, 

that he might be the firstborn 

among many brethren.

Romans 8:28-29 

King James Version)


The future -- and thus our destinies -- is told by JESUS in Scripture:

Matthew 24

Book of Revelation


Supporting article:

"Why Did God Create Man?"


(Image source: George Bakos)


Updated 22 January 2022


WHO are our BROTHERS?

 Proverbs 17:17 King James Version 17 A friend loveth at all times,  and a brother is born for adversity . GOD woke me up really early. Not...