Thursday, October 22, 2020

Why Turn to God?

 

How much do you know God?

Have you the heart to know Him?

To seek Him?

To love Him, with all your heart?

Here are verses showing what we can expect from sincerely seeking God:

1. God is our safe haven.

10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: 

the righteous runneth into it, 

and is safe.

Proverbs 18:10 

King James Version


2. God heals our land.

14 If my people, 

which are called by my name, 

shall humble themselves, 

and pray, 

and seek my face, 

and turn from their wicked ways; 

then will I hear from heaven, 

and will forgive their sin, 

and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 

King James Version


3. God frees us from captivity.

11 For I know the thoughts 

that I think toward you, 

saith the Lord, 

thoughts of peace, 

and not of evil, 

to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, 

and ye shall go and pray unto me, 

and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, 

and find me, 

when ye shall search for me 

with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, 

saith the Lord: 

and I will turn away your captivity, 

and I will gather you from all the nations, 

and from all the places whither I have driven you, 

saith the Lord; 

and I will bring you again into the place 

whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 

King James Version


4. God shows us great and mighty things.

3 Call unto me, 

and I will answer thee, 

and show thee great and mighty things, 

which thou knowest not.

Jeremiah 33:3 

King James Version


5. God provides everything we need.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, 

and his righteousness; 

and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33 

King James Version


6. God gives us the wisdom we need.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, 

let him ask of God, 

that giveth to all men liberally, 

and upbraideth not; 

and it shall be given him.

James 1:5 

King James Version


7. God rewards the diligent.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: 

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, 

and that he is a rewarder of them 

that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6 

King James Version 


8. God gives us contentment.

10 The young lions do lack, 

and suffer hunger: 

but they that seek the Lord 

shall not want any good thing.

Psalm 34:10 

King James Version


9. God gives us strength to keep going.

29 He giveth power to the faint; 

and to them that have no might 

he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, 

and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord 

shall renew their strength; 

they shall mount up with wings 

as eagles; 

they shall run, 

and not be weary; 

and they shall walk, 

and not faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31 

King James Version


10. God gives us rest and comfort.

28 Come unto me, 

all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 

and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, 

and learn of me; 

for I am meek and lowly in heart: 

and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, 

and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30 

King James Version


Updated 23 January 2022


WHO are our BROTHERS?

 Proverbs 17:17 King James Version 17 A friend loveth at all times,  and a brother is born for adversity . GOD woke me up really early. Not...